Abstract Submissions Have Now Closed
There are two formats for presentations:
1. Oral Papers/Presentations
2. Poster Presentations
- Abstract word limit is 250 words
- You will be notified by email if your abstract has been accepted, by 4th August 2017
THEMES FOR SUBMISSION
When submitting your abstract online you will be asked to select one of the following session themes that best suits your presentation:
- Molecular Tools in Subsurface
- Microbiology Subseafloor
- Microbiology Subsurface
- Microbial Transport and Fate Human Health and Subsurface Microbiology
- Aquifer Recharge Microbiology
- Microbial Aspects of Bank Filtration
- Microbiology of Coastal Beach Aquifers and Hyperheic Zones
- Microbiology of Extreme Subsurface Environments
- Cave, Karst and Fractured Rock Microbiology
- Microbial Energetics in Subsurface Systems
- Microbe-Mineral Interactions
- In Situ Measurement of Subsurface Microbes and Activities
- Subsurface Ecosystems: Adaptation, Diversity, and Functionality
- Modelling Subsurface Microbial Ecosystems Aquifer Ecology
- Microbial Role in the Fate and Transport of Subsurface Pollutants
- Role of Microbial Cycling in Environmental Sustainability
- Emerging Issues in Subsurface Microbiology
- Global Differences/Contrasts in Subsurface Microbiology
- Bioremediation of Contaminated Groundwater
- Microbiology of Landfill and Mine Tailings
- Coal microbiology or microbial enhanced coal-bed methane
- Degradation of Priority Pollutants
UPLOADING YOUR PRESENTATION:
• Please load your presentation with the conference team, near the registration desk, on site at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua.
• Please bring your file on a memory stick with the presenters name as the file name for ease of loading.
• Please ensure your memory stick is virus free.
• To ensure the smooth running of the programme all presentations must be loaded at least two sessions prior to presentation.
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
Please take the time to read these guidelines ahead of the Conference.
Time Allocated to Presentation
Each presentation has been allocated 20 minutes for delivery, including 5 minutes for questions/discussions. So 15 minutes presentation time and 5 minute question time.
A Draft Programme will be available on the website from mid August, so please check the website for changes and updates.
The programme is subject to change, therefore please ensure you check for any changes on the “programme changes” board on site which will have an up to date program.
In the interests of fairness, please ensure that you keep to your allotted time frame. It is essential that presenters keep to time across the entire programme to ensure equity for all and to allow delegates to plan the sessions they wish to attend.
All sessions will have a dedicated chairperson who will introduce presenters to the lectern in sequence. Chairs will time presentations and provide a warning at 5 minutes and 2 minutes remaining.
Audio Visual Equipment
Please load your presentation at the Registration Desk in the Hotel foyer. Presentations are required to be loaded at least 3 hours before your session.
In the unlikely event of a technical problem, a technician will be present onsite to attend to the issue.
Presentations requiring video can be accommodated; however we request that you arrive onsite early to confirm the details and test the facilities.
Please note: Presenters are requested to contact us as soon as possible for requests outside of the standard AV equipment provisions. Note, additional equipment cannot be guaranteed.
Speaker Preparation & PowerPoint Presentations
16:9 aspect ratio is preferred to match our screens.
Microsoft PowerPoints and Prezi are compatible.
• Keep slides succinct and simple
• Text size should not be smaller than 24 point - be brief on slides
• Use high contrast text and plain backgrounds
Special effects should be used sparingly. Presenters wishing to use audio effects should advise the onsite audio visual technical staff. Please do not select random transitions in the PowerPoint menu or the audience will notice the effects more than the presentation.
Please note that the official Conference language is English and we therefore require that presentations are prepared and delivered in English.
If you require further assistance, please contact:
Phone: (+64) 3 928 0620
We wish Oral Presenters all the best with their presentation and thank you for your valuable contribution in making the Conference a success.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- Please prepare your poster for A0 size, portrait format
- Velcro dots will be pinned on the poster board
You will be allocated one poster board for your poster (portrait) and your poster should be no bigger that A0 size (W: 841mm, H: 1189mm) Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card. The poster display boards are Velcro compatible and Velcro fixers will be provided to all poster presenters at the conference.
The poster session will be held on Tuesday 7 November from 3:30 – 5:00pm. All Posters will need to be up by 10:30am on Monday the 6th of November, and collected by lunchtime on Friday 10th. Any posters remaining by 2.00pm will not be kept.
We wish Poster Presenters all the best with their presentation and thank you for your valuable contribution in making the Conference a success
Finally, a reminder that the discounted early-bird registration closes on 6th October 2017. To qualify for this rate you need to have registered and paid by this date. Please note, all presenters must have registered before 6th October 2017 or your abstract will automatically be withdrawn.
Terms & Conditions
1. Original content:
All abstracts must be original work. The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
2. English language:
All abstracts and presentations must be in English.
Material presented at the conference must not violate any copyright laws. If figures/graphics/images have been taken from sources not copyrighted by the author, it is the author’s sole responsibility to secure the rights from the copyright holder in writing to reproduce those figures/graphics/images for both worldwide print and web publication. All reproduction costs charged by the copyright holder must be borne by the author. The submission of an abstract indicates that the author/s undertake to respect and ensure compliance with any applicable copyright.
4. Exclusion of commercial products and services:
Abstracts promoting commercial products or services will not be accepted. Product vendors and others who wish to promote a product or service are invited to contact the Conference Manager for the Sponsorship information.
5. Consent to publish:
By submitting an abstract you give consent to the publication of the abstract in conference material, including but not limited to, the conference website, conference handbook, email promotions, etc.
6. Conference registration: All presenting authors whose abstracts are accepted for the Conference, are required to register to attend the conference on the relevant day and pay the relevant fee in order to ensure their abstract is included in the Conference programme. The discounted early-bird registration closes on 6th October 2017. To qualify for this rate you need to have registered and paid by this date. Please note, all presenters must have registered before 6th October 2017 or your abstract will automatically be withdrawn.
7. Online submission: